ORGANIZERS: Kabayanihan Foundation / Team Pinoy Inc. and the National Youth Commission
Kabayanihan Foundation (KF) is promoting “KaBayanihan”as a cultural identity as well as Culture of Greatness for the Filipino people. It is anchored on Kapatiran and Bayanihan – two old and beautiful traits of the Filipino – which literally mean Brotherhood and Community Heroism. “KaBayanihan” is not something new but merely a revival of what was beautiful in our past.The goal of KF is to bring out the kapatid and the bayani in every Filipino, especially in every Filipino youth. KF believes that through small acts of patriotism, every Filipino youth can be part of the solution.
KF’s flagship program for the youth is called “Pinoy Young Leaders Convention or LeadCon Series”, a program that aims to gather young leaders from the public and private sectors in at least 1 province every month in an overnight summit, from 8:00 in the morning until 8:00 the following day, without sleep.
The primary goal of the LeadCon series is to create an army of volunteers and changemakers, from among our youth nationwide, who shall be willing to help the present administration in implementing its reform agenda, especially the national government’s programs for the youth.
Our call is for the youth to rise up to the challenge and be part of “the Greatest Generation of Filipino Youth”!
The LeadCon intends to be a venue for much learning for our youth to share best practices and initiatives from various groups such as Institute for Solidarity in Asia, Kaya Natin Movement, and the Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines, championing good governance, responsible citizenship and volunteerism.
Our program shall provide alternative projects that youth groups can emulate and replicate in their
In particular, our program during the event would include the following:
- 10 Inspiring Stories of Successful Filipinos who all came from poor families and humble beginnings
– With these stories, we hope to inspire our youth today to aim high and dream big for themselves. If they dream big today, they could achieve big things tomorrow.
- “12 Little Things Every Filipino Youth Can DO To Help Our Country” – Our groups are advocates of the importance of doing small acts of heroism. During the event, we also intend to distribute copies of this book, as a guide to our youth leaders in encouraging their fellow youth in their respective communities to do their share in helping our country, even through small acts of patriotism.
- 12 Negosyo Ideas for the Filipino Youth – We believe that one of the most important things our country needs today are wealth creators, businessmen and entrepreneurs. We hope that these “12 Negosyo Ideas” would help bring out the entrepreneurs and business people from our youth.
It will be an event of Big Dreams and soaring High Hopes for our young!
It will be a moment of Great Awakening for our youth!
The LeadCon’s kick-off or opening salvo will be in Bohol Province on August 20-21, and it will be followed by “waves” in select provinces. With close partnership with the National Youth Commission, KF intends for this event to be a concrete venue to harness the potential of our youth leaders, particularly our SK and campus youth leaders. Eventually, the LeadCon Series will also develop a module that will be an all-inclusive youth congress that welcomes leaders and members from school-based and community based organizations as well as the officers of the SangguniangKabataan.
Our program shall include components such as lectures, plenary sessions, line interests’ breakout groups, experiential learning and reflection activities. LeadCon aspires to be an avenue of choice for the sharing of best practices and initiatives of different groups championing good governance, good citizenship, patriotism and volunteerism. Respected organizations upholding good governance such as the Institute for Solidarity in Asia (ISA), KayaNatin Movement, Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines (TOSP) and some winners of the Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations (TAYO) are envisioned to play a major role and participation in the event.
- Create a benchmark for youth leaders, specifically Sangguniang Kabataan, unto adapting the best youth practices in their respective areas of jurisdiction
- Identify a national brand of Filipino Youth Leadership in Good Governance through convergence of ideals from the youth leaders and guidance from different key leaders in the political arena
- Standardize the indicators of successful youth activities through Youth Expo, Youth Dinner Socials, Youth Environmental Challenge, and Book Launching: The 12 Little Things Every Filipino Youth Can Do To Help Our Country
- Help open the vast opportunity to network among the participants together with the increasing number of Kabayanis among the mentors, speakers, supporters and partners.
- Develop a post-congress mechanism to sustain the partnership among the Kabayanisover the course of their lifetimes and as they assume their roles in their respective fields of choice.